Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Making Sedentary Progress

It has been too many months since my last confession, Father.

Perhaps it is the grinding discomfort I feel whenever I visit my untouched blog that I have moved very little since I last wrote and this is meant to be a place of movement - the movement of people and ideas. But maybe I can accept into the fold the concepts of flux, evolution and dynamism. What little movement I have made is - physically - virtually immeasurable. My job has changed: I now work at the CBC Broadcast Centre downtown instead of in the barren outlands of North York. So that has made a major impact on my daily commute and in turn my daily life. Taking the bicycle or a short streetcar ride - or heck, walking even! - the change from transitting from streetcar to subway to bus which robbed almost two hours of my day has impacted my life considerably. For one thing, I've been left with all this time! What a luxury. Yet I have been confounded by how to manage it.


May we exchange wisdom with each other as we travel on our own unique, mind-blowing experiences!

2 comments:

rapidjewel said...

yeah - you did get this going....i remember me bugging you to create a blog but never actaully new that you went through with it. I will make sure to request your blog often for updates. You are such a beautiful writer and love to read the word that flow off your tongue. One day Ilka you will get published. I really hope you are coming this weekend for the shower...you can stay with me if you want too....call belle cause she is driving mid afternoon friday but maybe you could get a lift home with them if it doesn't work to drive to ottawa with them...may save money....bye for now - jul

IM said...

Wow, your writing is tearing, chin curling, tummy knottingly great. I look forward to reading some of your past posts. Wich I could have been at the shower today and seen you all. Big hug, ingrid.