Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Banning the Bulb


Ontario is the first North American jurisdiction to ban the incandescent lightbulb. It will become illegal to sell them by 2012. Still a long ways away, but hopefully we will naturally switch over long before then. Another step forward. Upon learning this, I had instant visions of silkscreened hemp t-shirts emblazoned with the image of a bulb crossed out. Bulb Powrr! I admit, however, that I may hold on to a few for special nostalgic evenings. They really do emit a different kind of light that we are so accustomed to. Especially those fat, colourful Christmas lights from the '40's. I'm going to have to find a set of those, stash them away, and pull them out from time to time the way that recepients of thieved art skulk to their cellars to gaze upon stolen Picasso's. Anyone have a set? I can meet you in the alleyway of your discretion.

No comments: