Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Prince Willem

I've been waiting since late last week for Sonya to go into labour. She finally did and Willem was born shortly after 5am on Saturday, which just happens to be my father's birthday. I was gratefully present for this calm and amazing home birth that went as smoothly as you could wish. The only difficulty was that Will was facing the "wrong" way and turned during the birth which caused my brave, drug-free sister some additional discomfort. But it was over quickly and the amazing midwives made us all (myself, Sonya, Keven and Willem) feel at peace. Sonya was up and about later that morning, and my parents and I spent most of the day babysitting the girls who are thrilled to have a little brother they are calling Prince Willem. Now I'm back at my desk. How boring!

No comments: