Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Collecting My Thoughts in a Moleskine


Readying for work today I was an anxious mess - first of all, I had just had an epiphany about the relationship with my partner - a huge, huge enlightenment into his character and my understanding of it. A joyous moment. Love. I had started to write notes in my script workbook and then realized I was late for work. Again. So I put down my notebook mid-thought. Painful

Anyway. Also running through my mind was this morning's CBC staff and programming cuts "town hall meeting" that would be led by president and CEO Hubert Lacroix on closed-circuit TV to all CBC staff at 11:45 am. Ominous cloud.

Beyond that, it came to me that it might be useful to finally read that book on Jungian literary theory that I had picked up at a second-hand bookstore in Picton two years ago. That it may help me understand the motivation of my characters in the screenplay that I am writing. One of my fellow screenwriting group members, a Canadian Film Centre grad, confided that she was reading books on psychology for exactly that reason.

Once in the CBC building, I saw notices on the bulletin board about tax returns. Is it really that time of year?? *#$^%balls!

Which reminded me that I'd better check and see if I had any overdue bills to pay. Which reminded me that I should also add and remove some people to/from my Rogers My-5 plan. Which reminded me that I am supposed to buy a new SIM card so that I can switch from my Razr to Joe's old iPhone... ...

By the time I sat at my desk the only thing I could think of was: I need to ask Joe to give me one of those slim little Moleskine notebooks that my mother gave him for Christmas. And what do I do out of habit? I Google "Hemingway's notebook" (because I couldn't remember the word "Moleskine") and come across this INCREDIBLE blog about Moleskine notebooks!!

Now if only I had that notebook... I'm sure I forgot as many important things as I managed to get down in this blog post!


(image via Palin's Travels.)

No comments: