Sunday, January 21, 2007

Clothes Swap

Check out picks from the massively successful swap on my Facebook page!

TAKE TWO!!!


Hello Gals (Boys, I doubt you’ll be interested in this one) -

UGh. I am totally exhausted by the winter doldrums. If you are like me, you need a little “charge.” Here’s an opportunity to revamp your wardrobe – perhaps even your “look” – for free!

CLOTHING SWAP @ my place Sunday April 15th

Bring duds you’re sick to death of but that still have good wear left in them. Everyone else will do the same. Then we’ll swap! It’s a fun way to clear out your closet of deadweight and get new stuff - free!

But it’s not only clothes…

Bring also: shoes, boots, purses, hats, jackets, belts, jewelry, trinkets, housewears and other goods you thought you’d love, you thought would work for you – but don’t. You never know, they may look fantastic on someone else. (Personally, I am planning to empty out half my closet for this event - no joke!)

And also… bring wine! Bring snacks! Bring friends! And we’ll make an afternoon of it. (I'll have plenty of sustenance available as well - we clothes-horses need a lot of energy food! :)

P.S. This is the third swap I've hosted and I can guarantee they are lot of fun - if you are worried that there won't be anything your size, I assure you, I've invited a wide range of "body types" - and don't forget there's always accessories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo-i

1 comment:

maaike said...

Hi Ilka,

I just discovered you've got a weblog as well... it seems eveybody does these days?! Except for me, that is (although there's always Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/maaike). Anyway, your blog seems very interesting and I would have loved to attend your clothes swap... if only I lived in Canada... :-)
Anyway, I hope you're doing well. Best wishes,
Maaike de Laat