Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!


I am so excited about 2007 - so many opportunities to use our talents and skills, and push forward the love we all have in our hearts - I believe we can have a positive impact on our precious Earth that we all call home. So many of us, myself included, have become so lazy and complacent. But with wee ones in my life, I can't be.
Some great places to start us moving and shaking: http://www.climatecrisis.net/ http://www.davidsuzuki.org/ (I am intrigued by going "carbon neutral.")
Here's a little anecdote and I invite you to come up with a method to deter the conscienceless:
Two days ago I saw a late-middle-aged man sitting in a Hummer that was idling at the side of the road. I was triply annoyed (the Hummer, the idling, the arrogance) and felt like knocking on his window, and with a sugary sweet smile tell him to smarten up. I chickened out.
A friend (I will keep this person annonymous in case they finally decide to act on this brilliant idea) decided years ago that with some paint and a stencil, a little guerilla stealth in the middle of the night, to plaster SUV's (and other known offenders) with the message: "This Idiot is Killing Us All."
My idea was to make big, round, brightly couloured stickers that read: "Stop Destroying Our Home, Learn Cunnilingus." Dave says that's a little too "riot grrl" for his taste, but Bhajan and Hilary seemed to like it!

No comments: